Kids grow faster than peers and their needs change time to time. If your child is out grown for your current umbrella stroller or maybe your child is 4 or 5 years old but sometimes still wants to ride in a stroller and you are looking for best umbrella stroller for big kids?
Perhaps the school is far from your home and your kid is not able to go on foot the whole distance and you could use a stroller sometimes?
No matter what is your reason, we are here to help you choose the right stroller.
Below I present you reviews of 6 Big Kid Strollers with wide variety of features and high weight limit.
I hope you’ll find something useful here that will perfectly meet your needs!
In a Hurry? Here is the Top Pick:
The flagship for us goes to JOOVY New Groove which has great, sturdy design. The seat, canopy, footrest, storage, steering, and standing fold are simply amazing. Considering the mearsurements, the canopy is quite tall, and it will allow the largest toddler to fit right in. With this stroller, you can rest assured that your baby will be safe & secure in it.
|Product||Link and Specs||Price|
|JOOVY New Groove||Weighs 15.7lbs and maximum weight recommendation is 55lbs.||Check Price|
|Maxi-Cosi Lara||Weighs 14lbs and maximum weight recommendation is 50lbs.||Check Price|
|Thule Urban Glide 2||Weighs 32.6lbs and maximum weight recommendation is 75lbs||Check Price|
|UPPAbaby G-LITE||Weighs 15.2lbs and maximum weight recommendation is 55lbs||Check Price|
|Jovial JPC20BK||Weighs 16.3lbs and maximum weight recommendation is 35lbs||Check Price|
|JOOVY New Groove||Weighs 15.7lbs and maximum weight recommendation is 55lbs.||Check Price|
Ultimate Guide for Best Umbrella Stroller for Big Kids:
The JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller offers amazing shape and foldability. This sturdy but lighter stroller has a big weight tolerance, but it also has features that are wee baby friendly. That makes users happy as a mom of a toddler with another on the way due to its reliability of use with kid of any age.
- Fancy frame: is made from aluminum that adds strength to the frame and makes it perfect for baby equipment. The stroller weighs in at 7 pounds that is good enough for daily carrying.
- Carrying capability: It comes with an added shoulder strap to help haul this thing around. JOOVY have positioned the shoulder strap in a specific place to help distribute the weight and make for fuss-free carrying.
- Compact and locking fold: JOOVY offers a quite compact fold. Also, it does stay locked when folded, so you don’t have to worry about it. The design is quite easy to fold.
- Stand up by its own: Once folded, there’s a small stand at the bottom that enables the stroller to stand up. It will stay locked into this standing mode until you unlock it and unfold it. It keeps both the handlebars and the seat off of the ground. You won’t even spill your drinks.
- UPF protection: This pram features a UPF 50 canopy. Not only will baby be shady, but you’ll not have to worry about any extra rays reaching them.
- Peek-a-boo window: is something to spy on your baby. This spy window is right next to the handlebars, so you can easily see mischievous little guy and he can see you, too.
Our Verdict: No umbrella stroller is perfect, but the JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller comes pretty close. It has great, sturdy design, although it is a bit heavy. The seat, canopy, footrest, storage, steering, and standing fold are simply amazing.
- Sturdy, quality design
- Locking fold with standing ability
- Large canopy with UPF protection and window
- Adjustable features for babies or toddlers
- Easy to steer
- Lots of storage
- Messy when folded
- No extra padding for newborns
- Handlebars are a bit high
The Maxi-Cosi Lara Ultra Compact Stroller has a lot to love about it. It’s so easy to set up. Just snap on the wheels and it’s ready to go. It’s compact and lightweight, which is extremely important, both when you are running errands close to home and when traveling around.
- Maxi Cosi is equally good for baby of all ages. It lies flat, which lets your newborn sit safely in the stroller.
- It features an adjustable 5-point harness that has been padded for comfort.
- Safety features include the locking brakes and an SPF 50 canopy that provides quality sun protection for your baby’s sensitive skin. A mesh peekaboo window in the canopy also lets you keep a watchful eye on your little one.
- It has several great functionality features right out of the box, all you need to do is snap on the wheels and the stroller is ready to go.
- Once the stroller is folded, you can unzip a small area on the side and the carrying strap comes out. The strap works well when carrying around the compact stroller.
- It features a double-decker storage area, with a small basket located on top of a larger storage basket.
- Wheels allow an easy one-hand push and have a 360-degree swivel or can be locked into place.
Our Verdict: The Maxi Cosi Lara Stroller is a good choice for parents looking for a stroller for traveling. While it does not tackle obstacles well, its compact fold and easy-to-maneuver design make it perfect for airplanes, vacationing, and more.
- Plenty of storage space
- One-hand flash fold
- Integrated carrying strap
- Several position recline
- Extended canopy
- Not good for bumpy terrain
- No child or parent tray
- Minimal accessories
Thule Urban Glide has been a great, top-quality, light jogging stroller for the past few years and has become parents’ favorite for several convincing features. Thule Urban Glide 2 has a foot-operated parking brake, just like the older model, it’s fairly big for a big kid and easy to press and lift.
- It’s a lightweight, all-terrain stroller that’s amazingly perfect for jogging or strolling
- The front wheels are Swivel that can be locked into places when you need to, like while jogging.
- It features a large 16″inches rear wheels that come equipped with suspension for an ultra smooth ride so you don’t get irritated driving over tough places.
- Convincing design of this stroller allows easy One-handed maneuverability.
- It offers a quite compact fold to allow easy storage even in a small space and easy transport through any means.
- The seat is reclining that comes with 5-point harness which is padded for extra safety and ventilation.
- Handlebar is quite adjustable and ergonomic with twist hand brake.
- Reflective rims on all the wheels and reflective edge on canopy offer improved visibility.
- Large storage basket comes with zip top cover and offers a great storage capacity for many of your on the go accessories and other important stuff.
Thule Urban Glide 2 is all about child safety. It has awesome wheels and built-in suspension to protect baby from negative impact of shocks and bumps. Moreover, it has handbrake, footbrake, wrist strap, 5-point harness and reflective strips to keep your child secured while you can enjoy your outdoor workouts.
- Smooth ride
- maneuvers easily
- Easy to operate
- Adjustable handlebar
- Lots of storage space
- Footbrake is not flip flop friendly
- Not many height setting
- High price
2018 UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller is a 15.2 pound stroller that holds up to 55 lbs is a great thing. But add in the fact that it’s not just some umbrella stroller, but it’s actually a fully-functioning stroller, and the UPPAbaby G-LITE is a real winner for toddlers.
- A good cup holder makes this stroller ideal for hydrating or taking other drinks on the go.
- Sunshade of this stroller extends to shield your child from harmful UV rays, allowing you and your child to enjoy the happy days together.
- Mesh sling seat allows good breathability through the mesh which makes the seating of your kid even more comfortable without adding on weight.
- The G-LITE’s seat fabric is removable and machine washable that is good for maintenance of the stroller.
- The basket is larger enough for casual carrying of things and holds up to 10 lbs of your things.
- Seat of the stroller comes with a zipper recline which adds more comfort to the nap times of your kid.
2018 UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller is a very stylish stroller made with luxurious fabrics. The price certainly reflects that, but the ability to remove and spot clean the stain-resistant seat is a very nice feature indeed. The fabrics are also breathable, and the massive canopy with extension is UPF50+.
- Huge canopy
- Double handles
- Cup holder
- Roomy comfortable seat
- 5 point harness
- Nice medium size basket
- four 4.7″ plastic double wheels
- Shoulder strap
- No adjustable foot rest.
- No padding on the seat and harness.
- No peek-a-boo window.
- Brakes are not flip-flop-friendly.
- Small plastic wheels.
- Small recline.
Also Read : 7 Most expensive baby stroller
If you are looking for a baby stroller that you can carry with you in a storage bag within your travels, the Portable Folding Stroller from Jovial might be an interesting look. You can easily store it in the trunk of a car or carry it through the airport checking with you for traveling
- It weighs only 16 pounds. The build quality of the stroller is quite durable handle almost anything you can throw at it
- The stroller comes with a retractable and adjustable canopy that will help to keep your kid away from the elements.
- This stroller comes with a braking system that can be activated using your foot to park the stroller and helps to easily stop the stroller.
- Maneuvering is easy with one hand
- Seat can be fully adjusted into several positions. Moreover, the stroller can accommodate your newborn up to the age of three.
- 5-point harness allows you to maintain the safety of your kid.
This stroller makes the task of carrying it around very easy and the lightweight design really adds to it. Its braking system will help you to not worry about the stroller rolling away. If you are in need of a stroller that is compact and will complement your family’s active lifestyle, this stroller is a great pick. This one is an expensive pick and you can check also check our guide of most expensive baby strollers.
- Can be folded with one hand.
- Easy to carry around to places.
- It’s rugged and durable.
- Doesn’t require much storage space.
- Parking brake can be foot activated.
- Has a five-point harness.
- Storage tray at the bottom.
- Open mechanism is quick.
- You can adjust the seat.
- Retractable canopy protects your baby.
- Seat won’t adjust easily.
- Doesn’t stand on its own if folded.
- Wheels only work with flat surfaces.
- Can’t fit a car sit in it.
The New Groove will allow you to use it for your newborn up to their toddler years. Its seat has a near-flat lounge, and you can tuck the baby’s feet in the pocket that is built-in so that the baby can feel secure. This stroller boasts some amazing features that are un-matched and budget friendly.
- Width of the seat is 14 inches and spans 18 inches in length, and the distance from the canopy’s top to the seat’s back end is 27 inches.
- It rocks a large size canopy that has a UPF rating of 50 and is adjustable, removable, and resistant to water as well as reflective.
- The peek-a-boo window on it is placed conveniently beside the handlebars so you can spy easily.
- There are 2 mesh pockets on the inward side that you can use to hold small cups, snacks, or toys. For the parents, there are 2 cup holders on the stroller as well as a storage pocket with a zipper.
- The mesh basket for storage under the stroller is fairly decent in size and it’s great for holding the necessary baby gear that you might need.
It is difficult to find a perfect umbrella stroller that is convenient and comes with all the good but this model is pretty close to being perfect due to its sturdy design and features. Considering the measurements, the canopy is quite tall, and it will allow the largest toddler to fit right in. You are certainly getting what you are paying for with the stroller and you can rest assured that your baby will be safe & secure in it.
- Four different color options
- Simple folding mechanism
- Only 14lbs weight
- Supports up to 55lbs in weight.
- Design quality is great and sturdy.
- Not as lightweight as other strollers.
- Recline will block the basket.
- Handlebars might be high for some.
I hope this article will be helpful for you to choose the best umbrella strollers for big kids . For further questions you can check what are the best baby stroller’s guide to get the answers. If your shild is over 50 lbs then get a detailed overview on best stroller for child over 50 lbs.